Thursday, October 9, 2008

General Conference

Last week was great. Ivan and I went to the temple on Thursday to do sealings. It was a nice prelude to General Conference. The sealer taught us many things. I love it when they can take the time to do that. Then Friday we went to my mission conference. It was great to see old friends, only one of my companions was there because most of them don’t live close enough to come. Saturday we watched the morning session at home and then we went down town for the afternoon session. We didn’t have any tickets, but we were lucky enough to get 2 from a family we met who had extra. Ben and Ivan’s mom went because they hadn’t ever been in the conference center for conference. Ivan and I have been many times so we took Jacob to the North Visitor Center and watched it in a theater there. Then after the session we went to the Joseph Smith movie. After that the guys went to the Priesthood session in the Conference Center and Ines, Jacob and I went home we were exhausted. Sunday we stayed home and watched conference on tv. It was so fun to have Ben come and stay with us. Two of the talks that really touched me were Pres. Uchtdorf’s about hope and Elder Holland’s about ministering angels. I am so grateful that we have living Prophets and Apostles to guide us, and teach us. Love, Jess, Ivan and Jacob

No comments: